This is a new and exciting position, based in Tangier but dealing with national account consolidation, external and internal audit support, sox monitoring and sox champion and ensure compliance with Lear US GAAP and statutory accounting and internal control procedures.
Statutory Accounting :
- Good knowledge in consolidation of annual financial statements according to Moroccan standards
- Need to be able to coordinate Internal and External audits for all plants under the same legal entity.
- Compliance with set calendar for submitting final external cabinet reports to Headquarter.
- Actively support Plant controllers to ensure adherence to financial objectives.
- Taking a lead of the month end close.
- Being sure to apply an adequate procedure for month end accrual on non production goods and services based on open POs and actual receipts
Internal Control: Maintain a strong internal control environment
- As a SOX champions for the country : insure a proper coordination with SOX responsibles in matter of SOX monitoring and database reporting deadline, Making a good SOX quality review.
- Get satisfactory rating in case of Internal Audit (FOA, BSR) or External Audit (legal Audit)
- Harmonization of procedures for internal control and accounting practice among each accounting teams of all Lear entities in Morocco
- Active participant of the team supporting
Improve the efficiency & performance of the finance function
- Continues and improve the organization of AP RM shared service in order to have a unique real approach for the two plants being served.
- Maintain a weekly review of GRNIs, adequate aging review and clean out of old items.
- Lead the AP team to keeping low GRNI, ensuring internal communication upwards and to Logistic peers, and upwards to Purchasing and Suppliers
Support on other Statutory accounting or tax finance activities
- Income tax: Support Manager on identify adjustments, opportunities, calculations, and filings. Liaise with external advisors.
- Ensure timely and correct administrative fillings and appropriate follow up with the Tax Office and the corporate on tax return (WHT, Business Tax annual declaration, other income Tax)
To be Successful for this role:
- At least 3 years Experience Accounting and/or tax experience: Ideally in tax or audit firm experience
- Strong systems skills (complex excel, data base management…)
- Fluent in English, verbal and written
- Master/Bachelor in Finance
Work Location: Tangier Free Zone